Image copyright of National Football League.
Everyone else is doing it… so why not me!? I hope you enjoy my attempt at saying which team is the best – even though the season is only about half over.
1. Colts – As long as they have Peyton, they will be a great team. Coaches have changed. The results have stayed the same.
2. Saints – Most people’s pick for 1st place. I’m not taking anything away from them, but the Colts play in the more dificult conference – so they are #1 right now. The only bad thing from MNF against the Falcons was the run defense. The dirty birds may have given opposing teams the formula for taking down the Saints.
3. Vikings – Brett Faaaavre is looking like Brett Favre. They have a great D, and AP. Does this really need explaining!?
4. Patriots – They are another team that is flying under the radar this year. And that’s surprising, considering ESPN has a permanent place on the Hoody’s ballsack. You think we would be hearing more about them.
5. Broncos – They got simply worked by Baltimore. Granted it was a road game, but still. You gotta put up a better fight. Show me you can rebound against Big Ben and his boys from S-Burgh.
6. Bengals – The next two weeks will be a litmus test for my beloved Bengals, with games against the Ravens and the Stillllll’rs. I’m just hoping they can split them.
7. Steelers – Is there really a team out there that is playing better football over the last month? I hate them, but I have to give credit where credit is due.
8. Eagles – They just absolutely demolished the team everyone thought was going to win the NFC East. They have rebounded quite well from that dud in Oakland.
9. Cowboys – Despite despising this over-hyped team, they are playing really well. Miles Austin need to show that the past 3 games are not just a flash in the pan. Their three running back are as productive as any.
10. Ravens – They are by far the best 4-3 team in the NFL. They looked like they were on the brink of disaster after dropping 3 straight. This weekend’s battle on the banks of the Ohio looks to be epic.
11. Texans – Yes. You read that correctly. The HOUSTON TEXANS. They’re running the ball well. Passing the ball well. And that defense is flying all over the field. Look for them to contend for a Wild Card birth.
12. Falcons – Did anyone really expect them to go into New Orleans and win against the Saints? That was the biggest game in the Super Dome since these teams squared off in 2006 – and that was the first game there post-Katrina. Look for a big bounce back against a strrrrug-a-ling Skins team.
13. Cardinals – I know what you’re thinking “They just lost at home. To the Panthers!” They are road warriors (3-0 this year). Look for them to make it 4-0 against the Bears.
14. Packers – Despite losing to the Bretts.. errr Vikings, the Pack looked pretty good. They still have major needs along that offensive line. If they don’t shore up those holes, Aaron Rodgers might not make it through the year.
15. Chargers – By far this season’s biggest riddle. They have looked like contenders at times. And turned around and looked terrible the next week. I think they are on the rise, however, and will chalk up another W this week against the Giants.
16. Giants – A loss this week could bring out the torches and pitchforks in the Big Apple. They need a win against the Chargers. It will be interesting to see how they respond to recent adversity.
17. Bears – So they beat the Browns… did anyone expect them to lose that game? This is a team that could take a serious turn in the second half. They looked downright terrible against Cincinnati.
18. Jets – Maybe, just mmmmmaybe, the pundits jumped the gun on annointing Mark Sanchez as the next Broadway Joe? Where has the “Organized Chaos” been as of late?
19. Dolphins – They might not win the division. They might not win a Wild Card spot either. But I cannot think of another team with a losing record that is more dangerous than the Dolphins. They can hang with any team, on any given day.
20. Panthers – Could the offense be clicking after a big win in the desert? If the Panthers could find some consistency (especially Jake Delhomme), they could still be a Wild Card threat in a poo poo NFC.
21. 49ers – What happened to this team? A few weeks back they looked like a shoe-in for NFC West Champs. Can Alex Smith finally realize his potential (and massive paycheck)? I think he already has. Draft a QB this year, and look forward to next year Niners Fan.
22. Jaguars – It’s a sad state of affairs for NFL football in the state of Florida. Weekly blackouts. Rumors of the team moving cities. Del Rio probably will not make it beyond this year.
23. Seahawks – The big acquisition of TJ Houshamizilly has not worked out so far this year. That being said, it’s still the NFC – so you really cannot count any team out just yet.
24. Bills – I think TO is finally getting what he deserves by playing on a team this bad. Not only is he catching passes from Ryan Fitzpatrick, but he is in the media black hole that is Buffalo.
25. Titans – It’s a sad state of affairs to see what Jeff Fischer has been reduced to, as coach. Great guy. He will probably get the axe after this year. But don’t look for him to go without a job for long.
26. Raiders – Things are going from bad to worse, with the latest allegations against Tom Cable. As if this team needed another log on the fire.
27. Redskins – This might be the worst situation in the NFL. They might not win another game this season – with that schedule. An anemic offense. A meddling owner. Petulent players. Disgrunteld fans. It’s not a pretty sight on the banks of the Potomac.
28. Chiefs – Hey! Maybe they will notch a second win against the Jags! ….maybe.
29. Rams – What can you say about the Rams… at least they are not going to go winless this season!
30. Lions – As bad as things are in Detroit, how do you lose to the Rams!?
31. Browns – The phrase “Mistake on the Lake” no longer refers to the city, but the football team that plays there. Great job, Lerner family!
32. Buccaneers – They are keeping the dream alive! Come on Bucc-O’s! We know you can do it! 0-16! You’re almost half way there!